- ready to use and comfortable ZFS storage appliance for iSCSI/FC, NFS and SMB
- Active Directory support with Snaps as Previous Version
- user friendly Web-GUI that includes all functions for a sophisticated NAS or SAN appliance.
- commercial use allowed
- no capacity limit
- free download for End-User
Community add-ons like AFP, AMP, Baikal, Proftp, Mediatomb, Owncloud, PHPVirtualbox, Pydio or Serviio.
- increased GUI performance/ background agents
- support/ updates/ access to bugfixes
- extensions like comfortable ACL handling, disk and realtime monitoring or remote replication
- appliance diskmap, security and tuning (Pro complete)
- Redistribution/Bundling/setup on customers demand optional
please request a quotation
"napp-it ToGo Sata" for a barebone setup
Napp-it ToGo is a ready to use image that you only need to restore on a SSD to have a ready to use ZFS storage appliance. Image-cloning of the systenmdisk is a perfect method for a deploying a ready to run system or create a backup that is base for a disaster recovery. Using new SSDs (or after a secure erase) reduce image size and clone/restore time.
You need the following for a ready to use ZFS storage server
- a bootable USB stick (256MB+) with CloneZilla
- a suitable napp-it image that you download, unzip and copy to another 16/32 GB USB stick, disk or network share.
If you use an USB stick, size depends on the size of the systemimage
- s suitable hardware (mainboard, bootdisk), the image will work with many mainboards/systems as well but use the same bootdisk
A restore of the image is quite simple:
Boot with the clonezilla USB stick, select restore disk, select the image from a second stick/disk or a share and restore the systemdisk
The default image configures all nics automatically for DHCP.. Root pw is unset.
Available images (images may not work on your mainboard or bootdisk)
Images are based on new OmniOS 151018 stable with SMB2 support:
Download the image (can last some time), unzip and copy the folder to a disk or share accessable for CloneZilla
For mainboard: SuperMicro X11-SSH (Socket 1151)
I used the X11-SSH-CTF with an additional i210 nic as the X550 is currently unsupported, Illumos support is expected soon.
The images support any nics anc can be used for a Kingston 60GB SSD or an Intel DC 3500-80
Download system image:
Sata images are mainly intended for NAS distributors.
You should create your own images for deployment based on your bootdisks!
Downloadoption 1: Download from Cloud
Downloadoption2: Download from mirror
When napp-it is up, check for updates (Menu About > Update)
You can deploy these images from a 8 GB USB stick (unzip the folder and copy it to the stick)
This images may work on other boards/systems. Prefer using the same disks !!! (others may work, not suggested)
Please report successful installations with other mainboards or servers,
with exact mainboard/system type and bootdisk to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced > Boot: Install Windows 7 USB support: enabled
- Boot > Boot mode: Legacy
set Sata to AHCI mode
other Mainboards/ Server that work with the above image
- SuperMicro X8 DTH-6F (tested with Kingston 60GB)
- SuperMicro X9 SRH 7tf (tested with Kingston 60GB)
This method would also work with USB sticks
but Sata is a much better/faster interface and SSDs are more reliable than USB sticks
OmniOS 151018 enables sendmail per default Beside other problems it is spamming the console
unless you enter a fqdn hostname or disable sendmail (with current napp-it in menu sendmail)
can create, clone and give away "napp-it to go" images for private (noncommercial) or inhouse use
for free. If you want to sell, distribute or bundle such a
preconfigured image or configure it on customers demand or give it away for commercial users, you need
our permission and a bundling license.