- ready to use and comfortable ZFS storage appliance for iSCSI/FC, NFS and SMB
- Active Directory support with Snaps as Previous Version
- user friendly Web-GUI that includes all functions for a sophisticated NAS or SAN appliance.
- commercial use allowed
- no capacity limit
- free download for End-User
Community add-ons like AFP, AMP, Baikal, Proftp, Mediatomb, Owncloud, PHPVirtualbox, Pydio or Serviio.
- increased GUI performance/ background agents
- support/ updates/ access to bugfixes
- extensions like comfortable ACL handling, disk and realtime monitoring or remote replication
- appliance diskmap, security and tuning (Pro complete)
- Redistribution/Bundling/setup on customers demand optional
please request a quotation
You can upgrade/ update napp-it quite independently from the underlying OS
with menu About >> Update
Prior an update a backup BE is created so you can select the former state during boot.
A reboot is not required as the updater restarts all napp-it services
After an initial setup you run the free release of napp-it. With the evaluation key some but
not all Pro features are available. If you have a Pro Key, you should upgrade to napp-it Pro
as not all Pro features are available in the Free edition.
You can update/ downgrade between last 5 downloads.
If you select activate, an already downloaded release will be used.
If you select download, a napp-it release is downloaded (again).
If something happens or if you want not only update napp-it but also
tools like smartmontools, run the online wget installer. This will keep all settings intact.
If you want to jump between a very old napp-it and a current one, you may need
to run About > update twice ex from 2015 or older release to 16.01 then to 17.01.
Just select the newest one that is offered in About > Update.
If you want to reinstall your appliance, reinstall the OS and napp-it via wget.
If you want to restore settings, backup and restore /var/web-gui/_log/* either
manually or via backup-job. With napp-it Pro you can use menu User > restore
to restore settings. The pool can be simply imported via menu Pools > import.
If you reinstall the appliance and want to continue a replication without a backup
of settings, recreate a replication job with old job-id (get it from snapnames)
For an AiO setup under ESXi you can import a newer template (OmniOS preconfigured + napp-it)