- ready to use and comfortable ZFS storage appliance for iSCSI/FC, NFS and SMB
- Active Directory support with Snaps as Previous Version
- user friendly Web-GUI that includes all functions for a sophisticated NAS or SAN appliance.
- commercial use allowed
- no capacity limit
- free download for End-User
Community add-ons like AFP, AMP, Baikal, Proftp, Mediatomb, Owncloud, PHPVirtualbox, Pydio or Serviio.
- increased GUI performance/ background agents
- support/ updates/ access to bugfixes
- extensions like comfortable ACL handling, disk and realtime monitoring or remote replication
- appliance diskmap, security and tuning (Pro complete)
- Redistribution/Bundling/setup on customers demand optional
please request a quotation
ESXi as base for a virtualized NAS/SAN appliance (napp-in-one)
For napp-in-one, you can use a free or licenced edition of ESXi.
1. Download ESXi setup ISO and install from CD/DVD to a local disk or USB stick
ESXi is a type-1 barebone virtualizer. It runs directly on hardware. Think of it like a bios extension to run systems like BSD, Linux, OSX, Solaris or Windows side by side.
You can manage single ESXi servers with a free Windows application (vsphere). After setup, ESXi comes with a 60 day trial of all commercial features. From your download you can request a final free key for unlimited usage of ESXi without the commercial add-ons.
napp-it .ova template:OmniOS 151028 with napp-it 18.12
There are problems with Intel Optane NVMe pass-through
A workaround is to add Optane 900P
device ID to passthru.map
enable SSH on ESXi and login via WinSCP as user root
- edit /etc/vmware/passthru.map
- add following lines at the end of the file:
# Intel Optane 900P
8086 2700 d3d0 false
- restart hypervisor