- ready to use and comfortable ZFS storage appliance for iSCSI/FC, NFS and SMB
- Active Directory support with Snaps as Previous Version
- user friendly Web-GUI that includes all functions for a sophisticated NAS or SAN appliance.
- commercial use allowed
- no capacity limit
- free download for End-User
Community add-ons like AFP, AMP, Baikal, Proftp, Mediatomb, Owncloud, PHPVirtualbox, Pydio or Serviio.
- increased GUI performance/ background agents
- support/ updates/ access to bugfixes
- extensions like comfortable ACL handling, disk and realtime monitoring or remote replication
- appliance diskmap, security and tuning (Pro complete)
- Redistribution/Bundling/setup on customers demand optional
please request a quotation
"napp-it ToGo Sata" deployment and disaster recovery for a barebone setup
For deployment or disaster recovery, you can create an image form your bootdisk with Clonezilla and restore it to the same disk.
- a bootable USB stick (256MB+) with CloneZilla
- a suitable napp-it image on an 16/32 GB USB stick, disk or network share.
If you use an USB stick, size depends on the size of the systemimage
- The image will work with many mainboards/systems but you must use an identical bootdisk
A restore of the image is quite simple:
Boot with the clonezilla USB stick, select restore disk, select the image from a second stick/disk or a share and restore the systemdisk
The default image configures all nics automatically for DHCP.. Root pw is unset.
Another method for disaster recovery and system deployment is (this works online, does not require a shutdown)
- replicate the bootenvironment to a removable disk with a zpool on it (or a file as target)
- install a minimal default OmniOS form an USB stick
- restore this bootenvironment
- boot it
napp-it supports bootenvironments as source and target for replications
can create, clone and give away "napp-it to go" images for private (noncommercial) or inhouse use
for free. If you want to sell, distribute or bundle such a
preconfigured image or configure it on customers demand or give it away for commercial users, you need
our permission and a bundling license.