- ready to use and comfortable ZFS storage appliance for iSCSI/FC, NFS and SMB
- Active Directory support with Snaps as Previous Version
- user friendly Web-GUI that includes all functions for a sophisticated NAS or SAN appliance.
- commercial use allowed
- no capacity limit
- free download for End-User
Community add-ons like AFP, AMP, Baikal, Proftp, Mediatomb, Owncloud, PHPVirtualbox, Pydio or Serviio.
- increased GUI performance/ background agents
- support/ updates/ access to bugfixes
- extensions like comfortable ACL handling, disk and realtime monitoring or remote replication
- appliance diskmap, security and tuning (Pro complete)
- Redistribution/Bundling/setup on customers demand optional
please request a quotation
On general problems:
Read the OS manuals from Oracle (best source), OI, OmnisOS or google abour your problem.
For OmniOS/OI/Solaris Express: download Oracle manuals for Solaris Express 11,
google them or check http://archive.today/snZaS (Express-downloads are working, links refer to new Solaris 11)
Napp-it is a management interface to the underlying OS. It does not modify its behaviour or tools
You can do all what is needed at CLI like you would do without napp-it
If you have a problem after any update or modification,
reboot to an older boot environment (BE).
On napp-it updates they are created automatically.
Prior other modifications, you should create your own BE (bootable system snap)
Napp-it is a pure copy and run applikation. You can restore the configuration when you copy the files:
about the folder structure
/var/web-gui/_log contains your configuration, groups, jobs and other settings (update safe)
/var/web-gui/_my contains private menus, scripts and translations (update-safe)
/var/web-gui/data contains the current napp-it
/var/web-gui/data.last contains the napp-it prior the last online update
/var/web-gui/data_xxx contains a special napp-it release
On problems with online updates
/var/web-gui/data rename to dataxxx
/var/web-gui/data.last rename to data, reboot (or copy files)
Now you have the configuration prior last update
(napp-it is copy and run)
suggestion: create a BE prior critical modifications (is done on newest napp-it automatically)
Can't locate UUID/Tiny.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/perl5/5.16.1/lib .) at admin.pl line 707. BEGIN failed--compilation
aborted at admin.pl line 707.
Edit /var/web-gui/data/wwwroot/cgi-bin/admin.pl and comment out line 707 (add a # add the beginning of line 707)
(Tiny.pm was used in netatalk2 and is obsolete)