- sofort einsetzbarer und komfortabler ZFS Storage-Server für iSCSI/FC, NFS und SMB
- Active Directory Support mit Snaps als Vorherige Version
- komfortable Web-GUI
- alle Funktionen für ein fortschrittliches NAS/SAN
- kommerzielle Nutzung erlaubt
- kein Speicherlimit
- freier Download für End-User
- schnellere GUI durch Background Dienste
- Bugfix/ Updates auf neueste Versionen oder Fehlerbehebungen
- Extensions wie komfortables ACL Management, Disk und Echtzeitmonitoring oder Remote Replikation
- Appliance Diskmap, Security und Tuning (Pro complete)
- Redistribution/Bundling/ Installation im Kundenauftrag optional
Fordern Sie ein Angebot
Most Desktop or Server mainboards work with OmniOS.
If there are problems, they are mostly related to unsupported or badly supported disk or nic controller
ITX: avoid for storage system as memory and slots are too limited and they are quite expensive
uATX: perfect for a most systems up to 32 GB RAM
ATX or EATX: for professional usage (dualcore, RAM up to TB range, up to 7 slots for pci-e cards)
Intel makes it quite easy. If you want a solid and future proof system, you should look at ECC RAM
and vt-d if you think about virtualisation. This usually requires a server class chipset and a Xeon
as desktop chipsets lacks these features as well as enough slots to expand a system.
Storage performance is mostly not CPU but RAM limited, so a smaller CPU like the i3 is ok.
I3 and Celeron G4400 also offers ECC support so this is a good option for a smaller NAS.
I5/I7 adds vt-d but removes ECC capability, mostly not e real option
Xeon is the Winner if you look for ECC and VT-d and performance
Socket 1151 is limited to 64 GB RAM. Socket 2011 has much higher limits.
The rule is the more RAM the faster is your system.
use Intel all the way, avoid Realtek
If you intend to use 10G Ethernet, look for a board with 10G onboard, cheaper than an extra card
With a modern storage server use 10G example Intel X540 whenever possible (as fast as local storage)
Use LSI and HBA (raidless IT mode, avoid Raid 5/6 models)
Onboard LSI HBA is cheaper than extra cards
For a storage server with up to 6 slots, Intel 6G Sata in AHCI mode is as fast as SAS 6G.
I prefer SuperMicro at first place but Asrock has some very good offers as well.